Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Literature in the 1970s

1970
Waiting for Willa by Dorothy Eden
The Mirror Dance by Elisabeth Kyle
The Terracotta Palace by Anne Maybury
Love Story by Erich Segal

1971
Ride a White Dolphin by Anne Maybury
The Other by Tom Tryon

1972
Scars on the Soul by Francoise Sagan
Stepford Wives by Ira Levin
An Unsuitable Job for a Woman by P.D. James

1973
The Dressmaker by Beryl Bainbridge
A Taste of Blackberries by Doris Buchanan Smith

1974
Jaws by Peter Benchley

1975 
Salem's Lot by Stephen King

1976
Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
Trinity* by Leon Uris
The Jeweled Daughter by Anne Maybury

1977
The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

1978
Chesapeake by James A. Michener
The Far Pavilions by M. M. Kaye

1979
Close to Home by Deborah Moggach

2 comments:

Hariklia said...

I don't think I've read any of these, though I'm familiar with film versions. In fact, a great many of them have been made into films - so they must be good stories, I guess. "Thornbirds" is one that I've thought about reading. And I may have read "Love Story" as a teen. I recall lots of girls at my school reading it.

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

Who knows where I got most of these titles! Some are books I found here in Mexico (in English). Others I got from a list of novels published in the 1970s. I find it interesting that fear of the "other" and transition was so strong during that decade. Most of these books hold little appeal for me now but I want to read them any way to experience the mindset of the times.