Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pandorum

This movie isn't the kind I normally blog about but since it was completely trashed by the media in review, I am writing to say I enjoyed it.

Structured around a creation story, the diverse cast rushes through the bowels of their space ship, battling mutants along the way, in an attempt to reboot their computer system and save themselves from dying. There are heroic moments, MMA moves, Kung Fu aerobics, and good old-fashioned sword fights. Pandorum isn't a deep-thoughts film but it was full of suspenseful action and explanation possibilities right up until the satisfying conclusion. In my opinion, good entertainment ...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I also liked it. Good low-budget horror and sci-fi. Thought the end was a tad cheesy but overall I was very entertained.

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

I liked the ending ... cheesy but a good conclusion after all of the muck. What did you think about the font they used on the reactor ... too 1970s-looking?

Unknown said...

It didn't bother me too much, but it did remind me of a 70s flick or one of the late 90s futuristic fonts that were in vogue for a bit. I thought it fit in well with the overall look. Good question and eye.

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

what about the PC diverse cast? would have made DR DR proud!

Unknown said...

Yeah, except all the main people were still white. ;)

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

yeah, good point and they were all fairly stereotypical but if you took a photo it would cover all bases.

Mom said...

You can have blue people if you go see Avatar (which I am going to tomorrow for the second time).